|10.1 Filter installation
When installing the filter make sure that:
a) that sufficient space is available to remove filter element and filter housing,
b) the mounting hole in the tank top is not excessively large, to ensure proper sealing,
c) the filter is free of tension after installation
Preferably the filter should be installed with the filter housing pointing downwards. In this position the visual pressure indicator is accessible and visible.
10.2 Connecting the electrical pressure indicator
The electrical pressure indicator is connected via a 2-pole appliance plug according to DlN EN 17 5301-803 with poles marked 1 and 2. The electrical section can be inverted to change from normally open position to normally closed position or vice versa.
10.3 When must the filter element be replaced?
1. Filters equipped with visual and/or electrical pressure indicator:
During cold starts, the indicator may give a warning signal.Press the button of the visual indicator once again only after operating temperature has been reached. If the red button immediately pops up again and/or the electrical signal has not switched off after reaching operating temperature, the filter element must be replaced after the end of the shift.
2. Filters without pressure indicator:
The filter element should be replaced after trial run or flushing of the system. Afterward follow instructions of the manufacturer.
3. Please always ensure that you have original MAHLE spare elements in stock: Disposable elements (PS and Mic) cannot be cleaned.
10.4 Element replacement
1. Stop system and relieve filter from pressure.
2. Unscrew cover, turning counter clockwise.
3. Remove filter housing and filter element by pulling upwards.
4. Remove filter element with a side-to-side motion.
5. Clean the housing using a suitable cleaning solvent.
6. Check O-ring on filter cover and filter housing for damage. Replace, if necessary.
7. Make sure that the order number on the spare element corresponds to the order number of the filter name-plate.
8. Remove filter element from the plastic bag and reassemble filter in reverse order (items 1 to 6).
Subject to technical alteration without prior notice.